What is it?
The Canadian Mesothelioma Patient Support Network provides a listing of support services for mesothelioma patients and their caregivers across Canada (as well as other asbestos-related diseases). Services include both free and pay services. Examples of relevant services might include:
- Mesothelioma medical centres and specialists
- patient and caregiver emotional support groups
- legal resources
- occupational health clinics
- clinical trials
- financial aid
- other charitable organisations targeting asbestos related illness or advocacy and awareness etc.
Our database compliments the Canadian Cancer Society's Community Services Locator, which provides a comprehensive database of cancer-related service providers by community, but which is not specific to mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases.
How do we become a member?
To become a member of the support network, your organisation must provide a good, service or program that is specific to mesothelioma patients and/or caregivers. If your service is applicable to a wider audience, you may want to consider contacting the Canadian Cancer Society to request listing in their Community Services Locator tool.
Please submit the following information to the CMF at email@example.com:
1) Name of organisation and a brief description of it
2) Type of organisation: e.g. For profit, non-profit, government etc.
3) A brief description of the service/good provided and how it is specific to mesothelioma patients or caregivers. Also indicate whether or not the service is offered for free or requires payment. Include any other relevant details (e.g. Hours, cost etc.)
4) Name and contact details for posting on the CMF website, including address, email, phone, fax and website if applicable.
5) If different from above, contact details for whom the CMF may contact concerning the application and on any other matters concerning the network
Upon receipt of this information we will assess for appropriateness and follow-up with you if any additional information is required. The information will then be posted on our website.
Please note that the CMF does not evaluate the quality of services offered by applicant organizations and does not endorse or recommend one provider over another.
What are the benefits of joining the network?:
There are many benefits to joining the Canadian Mesothelioma Patient Support Network. The most obvious is the added visibility of your organisation on the CMF website. Furthermore, membership allows you to learn about and link with other like-minded organisations. As the network grows we hope to develop a “member only” area to our website where members can better network with each other, seek project partners, advertise events etc.
Should you have any additional questions concerning our network please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org