The CMF is actively monitoring the websites of organizations that publish clinical practice guidelines for any information on mesothelioma and COVID-19. We will post information and resources as they become available. Below, you will find links to resources from the Canadian Cancer Society and to provincial agencies that have posted information for patients on cancer and COVID-19. We have also provided links to the US National Cancer Institute and Mesothelioma UK.
The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) has updated their website with a number of resources about cancer and COVID-19 that may be helpful to you and your family:
- Cancer and COVID-19: This page provides general information about COVID-19 and the risk to Canadians with cancer. In addition, it explains how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 and what to do if you have symptoms; it describes programs and resources that are available to help people better manage a cancer diagnosis; and lists the numbers in each province that patients should call if they are being treated for cancer and if they develop symptoms of COVID-19.
- Coping with cancer and COVID-19: This page describes some of the feelings you might be experiencing if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer – feelings that may be heightened by the added stress of a cancer diagnosis during a global pandemic. It also provides some suggestions for coping with cancer and COVID-19, as well as some links to resources that may help.
- Accommodation for cancer patients during COVID-19: This page provides a list of phone numbers that patients or their families can call if they have questions about alternative accommodation (while the CCS lodges are temporarily closed), as well as if they are seeking information about subsidies, transportation or meals.
- Financial supports by region: This page is a repository of information on national and provincial programs offering financial support in response to the COVID-19 crisis
Canadian resources for patients on COVID-19 and cancer, by province
- BC Cancer: COVID-19 and Cancer Treatments – Information for Patients
- Alberta Health Services: COVID-19 and Cancer Treatment
- Saskatchewan Cancer Agency: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information for Cancer Centre Patients
- Cancer Care Manitoba: Information for Cancer Patients on COVID-19
- Ontario University Health Network: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information at UHN
- Quebec Ministere de la sante et des services sociaux: COVID-19 pour la population
- Quebec Institut national d'excellence en sante et en services sociaux (INESS): Cancerologie
- Newfoundland and Labrador (Eastern Health Cancer Care): FAQs – Cancer Patients about COVID-19
- Nova Scotia Cancer Care Program: Cancer and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
International resources for patients on COVID-19 and cancer