The CMF partners with CanadaHelps (www.canadahelps.org), a non-profit Canadian Charity dedicated to increasing charitable giving across Canada by making it easier to donate and fundraise online. CanadaHelps make the process of fundraising easy. It provides ideas, event management tips and online functionality to set up personalised fundraising event pages for partner charities like the CMF. Through this service, individuals can set up a one-stop shop related to a fundraising event, allowing potential donors to learn about the event and cause, track progress towards meeting fundraising goals, send messages of support and of course, to make an online donation! To set up your individual CMF fundraising page through CanadaHelps, please follow these steps:
- Visit CanadaHelps at: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/fundraise/ and open up an account (it's free!).
- Select the Canadian Mesothelioma Foundation as your charity of choice, selecting our Educational Fund from the drop-down menu provided.
- Fill out the form with details about your fundraising event including: event title, date(s), fundraising goal, and why this cause is important to you etc. This completes the basic page! You will then be prompted to add any videos and/or photos.
- Click on the link that is provided to access your new personalised fundraising page for the CMF!
- Edit your page, track donations and promote your page anytime from the Fundraising tab or your CanadaHelps account.
- Share your page and your fundraising progress often using the social media and email sharing features on your published page and accessible from the Fundraising tab or your CanadaHelps account.
Thank you for your interest in fundraising for the CMF! Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about fundraising, or for assistance setting up your personalised page. We are here to help!